I primered and painted the top to see how it would look... then went back and primered and painted the base as well.

I primered and painted the top to see how it would look… then went back and primered and painted the base as well.

Time flies. I got my morning coffee and was going to get a few things done on the pop up in the morning — and when I looked up, Jeff was coming home from work and it was dinnertime.

IMG_0454[1]

This base piece and the one under the other bench were problematic crumbly mdf bard. I hid them under maps. They don't look perfect but they were awful before so it's a net improvement.

This base piece and the one under the other bench were problematic crumbly mdf bard. I hid them under maps. They don’t look perfect but they were awful before so it’s a net improvement.

The cupboard and drawer fronts were in good shape but particle board sections like under the bench seats are showing their age. I filled crumbled corners with plastic wood and then mod podged maps over the whole surface, using the podge (furniture finish kind) to seal the unseen bottoms and edges.

When I put the cupboard doors and drawers back in, I added little felt sticky pads in the corner so they wouldn't BANG when they closed on  the spring loaded hinges.

When I put the cupboard doors and drawers back in, I added little felt sticky pads in the corner so they wouldn’t BANG when they closed on the spring loaded hinges.

Advertisements