Tonight I finished the second drawer for my steamer trunk. Like the first drawer, the  inside and out, bottom and sides are mod-podged with old herbalist catalog pages, and I used a disassembled upholstery sample book for the fabric fronts on the drawers.  Today before the snow came, I bought brass upholstery tacks. They were way too long for the thin wood of the drawer fronts, but I bit the long part in half with wire cutters and hammered them in to the ribbon trim on both drawers. I need to find/make/scrounge the perfect handles for these… one small central knob for the top drawer, and something horizontal for the lower one.

Advertisements